There will be symposiums/special sessions to be considered for submission to APACT2020. We recommend that you have initial contact with the proposed speakers before submitting the symposiums/special sessions to determine availability.
A confirmation of submission will be emailed to chairperson(s) and speaker(s). Please make sure that you are entering the active email addresses of chairperson(s) and speaker(s). Every communication will be made through emails.
You can edit your submission online until the closing date. No changes can be made after the deadline. The online submission system will be closed at 31 December 2019, 11.59 midnight (GMT+7, Bangkok, Thailand)
APACT2020 “Professional Alliance Moving Together for Tobacco-Free Society” will be exploring four diverse tracks. Proposed symposiums/ sessions should be aligned with APACT2020 tracks and sub-tracks, as presented below:
|Closing date for proposal||31 December 2019, 11.59 midnight (GMT+7, Bangkok, Thailand)|
|Room capacity||There will be 4 types of room capacity
1. Ballroom (up to 1,500 participants)
2. Large room (up to 400 participants)
3. Medium room (up to 200 participant)
4. Small room (up to 60 participants)
|Time allocation||Symposiums/Special session will be held on either pre-conference or main conference day, during core conference hours, in parallel with other sessions.|
• Title of session should be informative and engaging.
• Briefly describe the session that includes the name of chairperson(s)/speaker(s), objectives & expected outcomes, anticipated numbers of audiences.
• Conference room types & set-ups should also be mentioned in the proposal.
• There should be 1-2 individuals serve as Chairperson(s). They are responsible for coordinating the session, communicating with speakers, submitting the symposium/session online, promptly liaising with APACT13th committee for any changes OR and in chairing the session.
• There should be a minimum of two and maximum of six speakers from a variety of countries/settings; A short biography must be submitted for each proposed speaker.
• Symposiums/special sessions are reviewed by a minimum of two experts. Symposiums/sessions are assessed based on objectives, relevance, presentation, utilization of evidence, geographical impact, and country representation
• If the session is accepted, organizer must ensure funding availability for travel, accommodation and registration of all speakers and chairperson(s). Organizer also expected to liaise and communicate with all speakers to ensure delivery of coherent session.
• If proposed speaker become unavailable, organizer must provide name and contact information of an alternative speaker.